CareersBack to list
3D Character Artist
You will be responsible for executing art tasks as assigned by the Art Director to help ensure the highest level of quality on our projects. As an ideal candidate, you will have had prior experience as a 3D Character Artist in the game industry. This is a short-term role with the possibility of a longer extension. All applicants must be available to work on-site in Los Angeles.
- Model low- to mid-poly character models with a consideration for vertex painting and specularity for added visual detail
- Preserve and clean up UVs during the poly-reducing process
- Keep a clean topologized low-mid poly character suitable for rigging
- Collaborate with all team members on model specifications and deliveries
- Communicate with project leads to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones, and overall project goals
- Demonstrate strong task estimation, time management, and prioritization skills
- Consistently contribute to the development of the artistic styles and processes
- Actively communicate methods to the art team to improve the production pipeline and tools used for creating models
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience making character models for games (Maya/Max, Photoshop, and Zbrush)
- Thorough understanding of 3D character art pipelines
- Experience with Github, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Experience with clean and consistent asset management
- Weight skinning and character body rigging skills
- Familiarity with the core principles of western animation
- Familiarity with Akeytsu
- Simple rigging for animated environment pieces
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal 4, or other game engines
- Prior experience using commercially available asset libraries
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Confluence, Shotgun
If you would like to apply, please contact us. Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume. In addition, please provide a copy of your digital portfolio or a link to your site.
Applications without cover letters, resumes, and portfolios will not be considered!