CareersBack to list
3D Environment Artist
Our ideal artist will be responsible for executing art tasks as assigned by the Art Director to help ensure the highest level of quality on our projects. Prior professional experience working within the video game industry is also highly desired.
- Model low to mid-poly environments and props from 2D concepts and produce accompanying hand-painted diffuse UV maps
- Produce 2D terrain and prop assets using a vector-based workflow in Photoshop
- Able to preserve and clean up UVs in poly-reducing process
- Collaborate with all team members on object specifications and deliveries
- Communicate with project leads to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones, and overall project goals
- Strong task estimation, time management, and prioritization skills
- Actively contribute to the development of the artistic styles and processes
- Actively communicate methods to the art team to improve the production pipeline and tools used for creating environments
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience making environments and prop models for games
- Knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, and other 3D modeling software
- Thorough understanding of 3D environment art pipelines
- Candidates should be able to work with input and be comfortable working in a team environment as well as remotely
- Fully capable of resolving a range of complex and evolving development issues with other members of the development team
- Must be comfortable with Github, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Experience with clean and consistent asset management
- A competent to strong grounding in draftsmanship and digital collage/painting for potential concept work
- Simple rigging for animated environment pieces
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal 4, or other game engines
- Prior experience using commercially available asset libraries
If you would like to apply, please contact us. Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume.
Applications without cover letters and resumes will not be considered!