CareersBack to list
Lead Environment Artist
You will be responsible for executing art tasks as assigned by the Art Director to help ensure the highest level of quality on our projects. As an ideal candidate, you will have had prior experience as a Lead Environmental Artist in the game industry. This is a short-term role with the possibility of a longer extension. All applicants must be available to work on-site in Los Angeles.
- Paint and create high resolution 2D art for terrain and prop assets.
- Paint and create UV texture maps for low to mid-poly 3D background objects and prop elements.
- Communicate and provide guidance to the art team to improve the art production pipeline, art asset specification, asset organization, and execution on delivery deadlines.
- Participate with creative stakeholders and contribute to the development of the artistic styles, features, and processes.
- Collaborate with project leads to provide clarity on art asset production progress, as well as communicating issues and road blocks.
- Communicate with the design team to ensure art assets fit design needs and specifications, as well as with the engine team to ensure art assets conform to performance requirements.
- Help resolve any additional evolving development issues with other members of the development team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience making environments and prop models for games.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with leading and managing a team of artists.
- Thorough understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects, as well as standard 2D/3D environment art pipelines
- Proficiency with Maya and associated 3D pipelines.
- Strong task estimation, time management, asset organization, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with Github, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems.
- A strong grounding in draftsmanship and digital collage/painting for potential concept work.
- Ability to create simple rigs for animated environment pieces.
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal 4, or other game engines
- Prior experience using commercially available asset libraries
If you would like to apply, please contact us. Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume. In addition, please provide a copy of your digital portfolio or a link to your site.
Applications without cover cover letters, resumes, and portfolios will not be considered!