CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for a 3D Artist to join the team! In this role, you will be responsible for bringing our games to vibrant life by blending your outstanding artistic talents with our proprietary game engine. Our ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience from crafting beautiful environments to having hands-on experience with props and characters. At Evening Star, you will have the chance to create high-quality art that resonates with our audiences, while working closely with the development team to explore new and exciting visual ideas.
- Model low- to mid-poly environment and character models with a consideration for vertex painting and specularity for added visual detail
- Map and clean up UVs during the poly-reducing process
- Keep a cleanly topologized low-mid poly character suitable for rigging
- Collaborate with all team members on model specifications and deliveries
- Collaborate with project leads to ensure assignments are progressing according to schedules, milestones, and overall project objectives
- Demonstrate strong task estimation, time management, and prioritization skills
- Contribute to the development of the artistic styles and processes
- Actively communicate methods to the art team to improve the production pipeline, documents, and tools used for designing 3D models
- A strong portfolio showcasing recent personal or professional work
- Experience with industry-standard 3D software (Maya/3DS Max, Photoshop, and ZBrush)
- Detailed understanding of 3D art pipelines
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control system
- Experience with clean and consistent asset management
- Weight skinning and character body rigging skills
- Familiarity with the core principles of western animation
- Familiarity with Akeytsu
- Simple rigging for animated environment pieces
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal 4, or other game engines
- Prior experience using commercially available asset libraries
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Confluence, ShotGrid
Evening Star Perks
- Flexible working arrangements
- 3+ weeks of PTO to start
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- Unlimited sick days
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume.
In addition, please provide us a link to your portfolio.
Applications without cover letters, resumes, and portfolios will not be considered!
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.