CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for an experienced Engine Programmer to join the team! Our ideal candidate will have a wide range of knowledge about core game engine features, while feeling comfortable diving in to work on our proprietary game development engine: Star Engine. As a member of our development team, you will have the opportunity to build and update our tools to help us create outstanding game experiences, and help us put our games onto the latest generation of console platforms.
- Build, improve, and refine core Star Engine features in support of Evening Star’s games
- Implement renderers and other adapter layers to support modern game platforms
- Work with art and design to develop internal editors and tools that augment the team’s efficiency
- Document engine features and tools
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++
- Advanced understanding of real-time 3D graphics implementation
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (DirectX 12, Vulkan, etc.)
- Experience developing software for console game platforms
- Spartan philosophy - you enjoy small file sizes and light memory footprints
- Battle-hardened - you understand the constraints and challenges of multi-platform game development, and have shipped titles as an engineer
- Resilient - you don’t give up until a problem is solved
- Excellent teammate - you are responsible, accountable, and enjoy collaborating with others
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Experience with UI design
- Experience working with an in-house proprietary game engine
- Experience with multi-language environments, language bindings, and ABI debugging
- Experience with compilers and/or LLVM
Evening Star Perks
- Flexible working arrangements
- 3+ weeks of PTO to start
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- Unlimited sick days
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume.
Applications without cover letters and resumes will not be considered!
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.