CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for a creative Gameplay Programmer to join our team!
As a gameplay programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new gameplay
objects, systems, and mechanics into our game, while collaborating with the development
team to iterate on implementation of the game design. At Evening Star, we push the
boundaries of what games can achieve by using our original game engine to work more
efficiently, and so that we can continuously innovate on exciting new ideas.
At this time, we are only looking for gameplay programmers who are available to come into our office in downtown Los Angeles, but the role is hybrid and does not demand a full-time presence in the office.
- Work with the programming team to develop gameplay systems such as player states/actions, enemies, boss battles, level objects, UI, etc.
- Collaborate closely with design and art teams to ensure features match expectations
- Document gameplay features and systems
- Strong game programming skills in C# or C++
- A deep understanding of 3D math, collision, physics, AI and other common gameplay elements
- Experience shipping at least one commercial video game title as part of a team
- Creative mentality - you view programming as a medium for expressing your ideas
- An eye for detail - you care about motion arcs, animation timings and the quality of their execution
- Self-motivated - you relish finding creative solutions to problems
- Excellent teammate - you are responsible, accountable, and enjoy collaborating with others
- Minimum 2-3 years of game industry experience
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with 3D graphics programming
- Experience developing on video game consoles
- Experience working with an in-house proprietary game engine
Evening Star Perks
- The base annual salary range for this position is $85,000 - $100,000
- Remote/Hybrid working for all employees with the opportunity for LA-based employees to collaborate in-office
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick days
- 3+ weeks of PTO within the first year
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional Development Stipends
Please include a link to your GitHub and/or portfolio for consideration. Resumes without this information will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.