CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for a creative Gameplay Programmer to join our team! As a gameplay programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new features into our game, while collaborating with the development team to iterate on core systems. At Evening Star, we push the boundaries of what games can achieve by using our original game engine to work more efficiently, and so that we can continuously innovate on exciting new game ideas.
- Work with the programming team to develop gameplay systems such as player states/actions, enemies, boss battles, level objects, UI, etc.
- Collaborate closely with design and art teams to ensure features match expectations
- Document gameplay features and systems
- Strong game programming skills in C# or C++
- A working understanding of 3D math, collision, physics, AI and other common gameplay elements
- Creative mentality - you view programming as a medium for expressing your ideas
- An eye for detail - you care about motion arcs, animation timings and the quality of their execution
- Self-motivated - you relish finding creative solutions to problems
- Excellent teammate - you are responsible, accountable, and enjoy collaborating with others
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++
- Experience developing on video game consoles
- Experience working with an in-house proprietary game engine
- Experience using UE4 or Unity
- Experience a shipping a video game, either on your own or as part of a team
Evening Star Perks
- Flexible working arrangements
- 3+ weeks of PTO to start
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- Unlimited sick days
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume.
Applications without cover letters and resumes will not be considered!
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.