CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for a level designer to help bring our new, original, 3D action platformer to life!
As a member of our design team, you will be responsible for crafting entertaining and expressive player experiences
using our proprietary game development tools. Our ideal level designer will work closely with the rest of the team to
continuously iterate on new design ideas that engage players.
Remote working is in our DNA – since our inception in 2018, we have had employees across the U.S., England, and Australia. While we welcome people to join us in our Los Angeles office, this will never be a requirement.
- Design and prototype level layouts and fine tune level progression
- Compose spaces with clear visual composition
- Implement and refine enemy and object behavior, level navigation, and overall level flow
- Propose and pitch level and related gameplay concepts to the development team
- Author and update relevant game design documents
- Iterate on your design to improve the enjoyment, challenge, and gameplay mechanics of a 3D level
- Actively communicate methods across departments to improve the production pipeline and tools used for creating levels
- A strong portfolio showcasing recent personal or professional work
- Fundamental knowledge of the game development production pipeline
- Skilled with relevant software packages to prototype and build levels (3D preferred)
- Adept at presenting ideas through writing and discussions
- Minimum 1-2 years of game industry experience
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Experience scripting game logic and events (C#, Lua, Blueprints, etc.)
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal, or other game engines
Evening Star Perks
- Remote working for all employees with the opportunity for LA-based employees to collaborate in-office
- 3+ weeks of PTO within the first year
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- Unlimited sick days
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Applications without resumes and portfolio links will not be considered!
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.