CareersBack to list
Evening Star is looking for a level designer to help bring our newest game to life! As a member of our design team, you will be responsible for crafting entertaining and expressive player experiences using our proprietary game development tools. Our ideal level designer will work closely with the rest of the team to continuously iterate on new design ideas that engage players. You will also be responsible for shepherding your vision of what our games can be, while seeking for the highest level of quality and fun on all of our projects.
- Design and prototype level layouts and fine tune level progression
- Implement and refine enemy and object behavior, level navigation, and overall level flow
- Propose and pitch level and related gameplay concepts to the development team
- Author and update relevant game design documents
- Be able to iterate on your design to improve the enjoyment, challenge, and gameplay mechanics of a 3D level
- Actively communicate methods across departments to improve the production pipeline and tools used for creating levels
- A strong portfolio showcasing recent personal or professional work
- Fundamental knowledge of the game development production pipeline
- Skilled with relevant software packages to prototype and build levels (3D preferred)
- Adept at presenting ideas through writing and discussions
- Must be comfortable with GitHub, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Experience scripting game logic and events (C#, Lua, Blueprints, etc.)
- Knowledge of Unity3D, Unreal, or other game engines
Evening Star Perks
- Flexible working arrangements
- 3+ weeks of PTO to start
- 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year
- Unlimited sick days
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Attach a PDF or ZIP archive containing both a cover letter and resume.
In addition, please provide us a link to your portfolio.
Applications without cover letters, resumes, and portfolios will not be considered!
Equal Opportunity StatementEvening Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.